WRITE NOW! SF BAY
We build multicultural understanding by supporting writers & artists of color through
• free creative writing workshops open to writers at any level in any genre.
No writing experience necessary
• publishing and distributing anthologies of prose, poetry and artwork
• producing and presenting readings and creative showcases.
60% of Bay Area are people of color, yet our thoughts and experiences remain underrepresented in the literary arts. Our programs build skills and confidence, provide opportunities and create community across race, class and age where ordinary people can work alongside activists, healers, educators, college deans, and poets laureate.
Since 2015 Write Now! SF Bay has served
• 250 Bay Area Writers & Artists of Color through
• 40 workshops
• 3 published anthologies that have sold 900 copies[LN1] and reached 1700 people live and 17,000 online.
• presented 4 creative showcases for 100+ writers at the San Francisco Main Library's Koret Auditorium and at the Oakland Asian Cultural Center, and
The Bay Area’s diversity within diversity is huge. There are over 100 languages spoken here. Write Now SFBAY’s participants range in age from 18 to 85. Our proud heritage is African American, Native American, Asian Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Latinx, mixed heritage and European, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Christian, straight and LBGTQ, along with our white allies.
We all need to work together to reclaim the multicultural unity that can truly make America great.
How you can help?
Buy our anthologies here. (link)
Share our work with a local educator, school system and independent bookstore
Find out about events or register for a workshop here
Volunteer. Participate. Donate. Here
• 35 readings in San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley.